Ever thought about why you NEED and WANT the things you do?
Submit your thoughts to be published in The Journal of Need and Want Vol. II
Suggested topics for submissions:
• What can’t you throw away?
• What objects do you own that are embedded with meaning?
• What one object, that is not a true need, would you feel absolutely lost without?
• Are guilt and/or shame factors in your consumer life?
• Other than to get things that you perceive you need, why do you shop?
• Are you affected by advertising and/or sales promotions?
• Are you influenced by brands and/or endorsements?
• How comfortable are you with debt?
• How did/does your family influence your consumer pattern?
• In your opinion, is the consumer world healthy or toxic?
Acceptable entries are essays, short stories, journal entries, narrative poems, letter forms (e.g. letter to a corporation) or list forms “10 things I can’t live without”).
* Deadline: We need and want you to submit by July 17, 2011.
* Returning contributors are welcome to submit again!
* Word Count: 750 words max – no minimum.