January 13, 2011
Ever thought about why you NEED and WANT the things you do?
Submit your thoughts to be published in The Journal of Need and Want Vol. II
Suggested topics for submissions:
• What can’t you throw away?
• What objects do you own that are embedded with meaning?
• What one object, that is not a true need, would you feel absolutely lost without?
• Are guilt and/or shame factors in your consumer life?
• Other than to get things that you perceive you need, why do you shop?
• Are you affected by advertising and/or sales promotions?
• Are you influenced by brands and/or endorsements?
• How comfortable are you with debt?
• How did/does your family influence your consumer pattern?
• In your opinion, is the consumer world healthy or toxic?
CLICK HERE FOR ENTRY EXAMPLES FROM TJNW Vol. I
Acceptable entries are essays, short stories, journal entries, narrative poems, letter forms (e.g. letter to a corporation) or list forms “10 things I can’t live without”).
* Deadline: We need and want you to submit by July 17, 2011.
* Returning contributors are welcome to submit again!
* Word Count: 750 words max – no minimum.
October 29, 2010
The Journal of Need and Want contributors and staff would like to thank all who attended the TJNW Book Launch and Reading event last Thursday, October 21st. We hope you had a wonderful time and would like to invite you to submit a piece to be considered for our second edition of TJNW.
Submission guidelines are as follows:
Acceptable forms are 750-word essays, 750-word short stories, 750-word journal entries, narrative poems, letter forms (e.g. letter to a corporation) or list forms “10 things I can’t live without”).
Submissions may answer the following questions (but are not limited to):
- What can’t you throw away?
- To what extent do your clothes and possessions define you?
- What one object, that is not a true need, would you feel absolutely lost without?
- Other than to get things that you perceive you need, why do you shop?
- How comfortable are you with debt?
Please send submissions to: email@example.com – Subject: Submission vol. 2
Thank you again for your support.
TJNW Contributors & Staff
Marketing Communication Department
Columbia College Chicago